|Real Name||Kalyan Singh|
|Political Parties||Bharatiya Jan Sangh (1967-1980)
Bhartiya Janata Party (1980-20 January 2009)
Rashtriya Kranti Party (1999; he had some differences with BJP, eventually
founded Rashtriya Kranti Party that merged with BJP later)
Samajwadi Party (2009-2010)
Jan Kranti Party (2010-2013)
|Political Journey||• Elected to Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly in 1967 for the first time
and remained until 1980.
• In June 1991, BJP got the victory in the Assembly Elections and Kalyan
Singh became the *Chief Minister* of Uttar Pradesh for the first time.
• After the Babri mosque demolition, Kalyan Singh *resigned the post of the
Chief Minister* of the State on 6 December 1992.
• He again became the Chief Minister of the state in 1997 and remained
• Due to differences with BJP, Kalyan Singh left BJP and formed another
party, '*Rashtriya Kranti Party*'.
• In 2004, upon the request of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee, he came back
• In the 2004 general elections, he was elected to the Parliament from
Bulandshahr lok sabha constituency.
• Again in 2009, he got upset with BJP and competed in the 2009 general
elections as an independent candidate from Etah constituency and won it.
• In 2009, he joined *Samajwadi Party*.
• Again in 2013, he came in BJP.
• On 4 September 2014, he was sworn in as *Governor of Rajasthan*.
• From 28 January 2015 to 12 August 2015, he served as the *Governor of
Himachal Pradesh* also.
|Biggest Rival||Kunwar Devendra Singh Yadav|
|Date of Birth||5 January 1932|
|Age (as in 2018)||*86 Years*|
|Birthplace||*Village*- Mdholi, *Tehsil*- Atrauli, *Distt.*- Aligarh, United Provinces,
British India (Now, Uttar Pradesh, India)
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|College/University||Dharm Samaj Mahavidhyalya, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification||B.A. and L.L.B|
|Hobbies||Watching News and Kabaddi, Listening to Music, Reading Religious Scriptures|
|Controversies||• Before the Babri mosque demolition, he, along with his colleagues visited
Ayodhya and took an oath to construct Ram Mandir.
• He does not feel any sorry for his role in the Babri mosque demolition.
According to him, the Babri mosque demolition was necessary.
• In February 1998, his government withdrew all the charges against who
involved in Babri mosque demolition.
• He has been in controversies for quitting BJP in 1999 and 2009.
|*Girls, Affairs, and More*|
|Children||*Son*- Rajveer Singh (Politician)
*Daughter*- Prabha Verma
|Parents||*Father*- Tejpal Singh Lodhi
*Mother*- Sita Devi
|Favourite Politician||Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Singapore, Thailand|
|Favourite Sports||Kabaddi, Tennis|
|Assets/Properties||600 gm gold jewellery worth ₹18 lakh and 4 kg silver worth ₹20,000
One Messey Tractor of 2002 model
|Salary (approx.)||₹3.5 Lakh per month + other allowances|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹62 Lakh (As in 2014)|