|Full Name||Babul Supriyo Baral|
|Profession(s)||Playback Singer, Actor, Television Host, Politician|
|*Physical Stats & More*|
|Height (approx.)||5 feet 8 inches|
|Weight (approx.)||75 kg|
|Political Party||BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party)|
|Political Journey||• His political journey started in March 2014 after he met Baba Ramdev.
• He became a contender in the Lok Sabha Election Polls in the same year
Asansol (a small town of West Bengal) on a BJP ticket and won the elections
after defeating 'Dola Sen' TMC (Trinamool Congress) candidate.
• In 2014, he was introduced as the Union Minister of State, Ministry of
Urban Development, and Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation to
the BJP government.
• He became became the 3rd BJP minister from the eastern state after
Satyabrata Mukherjee and Tapan Sikdar.
• In 2016, he was appointed as the Minister of State for Heavy Industries
|Date of Birth||15 December 1970|
|Age (as in 2017)||*47 Years*|
|Birthplace||Uttarpara, West Bengal|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Saggitarius|
|Hometown||Uttarpara, Hooghly District, West Bengal, India|
|School||Don Bosco High & Technical School, Liluah, Calcutta (now Kolkata)|
|College/University||University of Calcutta in 1991|
|Educational Qualification||Commerce Graduate|
|Debut||*Playback Singer (Bollywood):* Zindagi Char Din Ki (Prem Yog, 1994)
*TV:* K for Kishore (Host of this Singing Competition Show in 2007-2008)
|Address||B/54 Orchid Towers Yamuna Nagar, Andheri (W) Mumbai 400053|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Listening to Music, Reading|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Honorary citizenship by the State Council of Atlanta (2002)
• Best Male Playback for Tak Jhal Mishti in Bengal Film Journalists'
Association Awards (2002)
• Best Playback Singer for Kasautii Zindagii Ki in Kalakar Awards (2003)
• Best Playback Singer for Mayer Anchal in Kalakar Awards (2004)
• Best Male Playback Award for Subho Drishti in Bengal Film Journalists'
Association Awards (2006)
• Best Playback Singer for Kasautii Zindagii Ki in Zee Gold Awards (2007)
• Walked at Grande finale show of Indian Federation for Fashion
Development's India Runway Week season 6 for designer Agnimitra Paul
|Controversies||• In 2017, a case was filed against Supriyo under section 309 of the Indian
Penal Code (use of obscene words or gestures against a woman) by Trinamool
Congress MLA 'Mahua Maitra' for using the word 'drunk' for her in a debate
on a TV channel.
• In Feb 2018, he again became the part of a controversy after he called
for a temporary ban on Pakistani artists in the Bollywood industry.
• In March 2018, he again came into the eyes of media during his visit to a
relief camp in Kalyanpur, in Asansol (one of the areas hit by communal
violence). The BJP minister lost his temper after hearing slogans against
him and threatned people to rip their skin off.
|*Girls, Affairs, and More*|
|Girlfriend||Rachna Sharma (2014-2016)|
|Wife/Spouse||*First Wife:* Riaa Supriyo (m.1995;div.2015)
*Second Wife:* Rachana Sharma, an air hostess of Jet Airways (m.9 August
*Daughter(s)*- Sharmilee Supriyo (born in 1999, from Riaa Supriyo)
Naina Supriyo (born on August 12, 2017, from Rachna Sharma)
|Parents||*Father*- Sunil Chandra Baral
*Mother*- Sumitra Baral
|Favourite Politician(s)||Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Narendra Modi|
|Favourite Music Director||Nadeem|
|Favourite Singer||Kishore Kumar|
|Favourite Song||Chingari Koi Bhadke by Kishore Kumar|
|Car Collection||Audi Q5/MH02CH9036, Honda Brio/MH02CD9036, Chevrolet Beat/WB-46E4635|
|Assets/Properties (as in 2014)||*Movable*
Bank Deposits: ₹48 Lakhs
Bonds, Debentures, Company Shares: ₹13 Lakhs
Jewellery: ₹5.5 Lakhs
He has 5 residential building worth ₹5.5 Crores.
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹7.5 Crores|